Applications for this position are accepted:
To 9/10/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $46,000 - $60,500.
Conducts internal audit tests and interviews in accordance with approved audit programs. Prepares audit reports of citations and recommendations for improvement in District operations. Solicits and facilitates corrective action plans to recommendations.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Conduct or assist in the execution of regular and special audit projects of organizational and business functions of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District-including but not limited to compliance, internal control, and economy and efficiency audits/reviews
- Document and test processes while scrutinizing the adequacy, efficiency, and effectiveness of internal controls
- Prepare detailed audit programs to ensure adequate and efficient coverage of the established audit objectives and scope
- Perform audit fieldwork in an efficient, effective, and professional manner
- Make or assist in making written and/or oral presentations to management during and at the conclusion of projects
- Prepare formal written reports
- Assess or assist in the appraisal of submitted corrective actions to improve deficient conditions
- Ascertain whether or not corrective actions were implemented as planned and assist in the development of corrective action plans
- Assist with external auditors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university required
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification preferred; ideal candidate will obtain CPA or equivalent certification within two (2) years
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to interact with people of all levels
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
This position is Exempt.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.