Applications for this position are accepted:
To 9/10/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $65,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 40,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Clevelands public school students. An important key to the success of the Districts plan is maintaining a positive school environment and culture. The role of the Campus Coordinator will do just so for the CMSD schools they support.
Candidates must bring an unwavering commitment and high expectations for the success of all students, and demonstrated knowledge of how to manage the day to day operations of an imbedded school site. With direction from the Head of School, he or she will maintain an orderly school environment allowing other staff to focus on quality teaching and learning. As part of the instructional team at each school, the Campus Coordinator will do whatever it takes to support the logistical aspects of the school environment. This newly created position is an opportunity for highly motivated, resourceful individuals to contribute to the development of this innovative school. Campus coordinators will report to the Head of School.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- The campus coordinators role is to manage the day to day operations of the school site
- The campus coordinators commitment is to play a key role to support the management aspects of a productive learning community
- The Campus Coordinator must: Possess resiliency and the ability to manage the details and deadlines required to meet the school goals
- Schedule and facilitate typical sites visits (including but not limited to student shadowing, school visits, and dignitary)
- Keep track of purchase orders that have been initiated by Head or Assistant Head of school
- Coordinate a complete inventory of all textbooks and instructional resources
- Collect lists of needed project materials from the grade level team
- Assist with the development of the daily schedule based on teacher attendance and daily activities
- Supervise arrival of students and breakfast
- Supervise lunch (including passage to and from lunch)
- Monitor all class changes
- Handle all minor disruptions including notification of parents when necessary
- Evaluate situations for the purpose of taking appropriate actions or directing them to the appropriate personnel for resolutions
- Chart/document the frequency of specific issues and how they were resolved
- Address ongoing problems with facilities
- Background and Experience Required - The successful candidate should be willing to do whatever it takes to advance CMSDs transformation work, and must have: Capacity to handle challenging situations and people, with high tolerance for frustration and understanding about maintaining confidentiality when handling sensitive district, school or personnel matters
- Demonstrated organizational skills, motivation, and an exceptional resourcefulness, willingness to work flexibly and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Demonstrated willingness go above and beyond for CMSD students and a sense of urgency about meeting student learning needs to measurably increase their performance
- Optimism about instituting a change agenda, and a defined sense of how to contribute to the overall success of the transformation process
- Strong computer skills, preferably with PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent customer service skills, including courteousness, tact and good verbal communication
- Bachelors degree required, Successful classroom teaching experience strongly preferred
This position is Exempt.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.