Applications for this position are accepted:
To 8/22/2013 5:00 PM
SALARY: Per the Cleveland Metropolitan School District's salary schedule for CTU classified employees.
The Planning Center Instructional Aide (Para PCIA) is an important part of maintaining school discipline. The Planning Center program keeps students in school and on task while being removed from his/her regular placement and provides support and intervention for students, teachers and families. In addition to accurate record keeping, the Para PCIA will utilize intervention techniques to positively impact student behavior.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Performs work as required or assigned by the building principal or a designee as related to the Planning Center program and Right of Removal (ROR)
- Becomes familiar with District initiatives including but not limited to The Cleveland Plan, Academic Achievement Plans, etc.
- Adapts to the individual social emotional and academic needs of the students
- Respects and disciplines students through preventative, proactive, dignified classroom management techniques that reflect structure, equity, and consistency
- Attends weekly meetings with the Student Support Team
- Coordinates class work and homework assignments for students
- Keeps files of completed student assignments
- Keeps accurate records and documents
- Returns assignments to classroom teacher(s)
- Assists students in returning to their regular instructional program
- Discusses behavior modifications that would alter the students behaviors in a positive manner
- Uses effective classroom management techniques
- Provides tutoring for all subject matters
- Reports students attendance to the appropriate secretary
- Maintains students daily attendance and behavior logs of students assigned to in-school suspension
- Participates in the Planning Center professional development for the Para PCIAs
- High ethical standards
- Prior experience working with students in an in-school suspension classroom preferred
- A minimum of two years successful experience working with children and adolescents
- Positive attitude, and enthusiastic experience working with various ages of students in the ATSP
- Self motivated and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Desire to serve the school and community
- Familiarity with computers to create documents, with using district e-mail, and completing forms
- Current CMSD paraprofessional preferred
Valid Ohio Educational Aide Permit
Must meet one of the following requirements to be considered highly qualified:
Completed at least 2 years of study at an institution of higher education, which is defined as 48 semester or 72 quarter hours Obtained an Associates (or higher) Degree Successfully passed a formal State or local academic assessment, specifically, the Parapro Assessment or the Para Educator network
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.