Applications for this position are accepted:
To 9/10/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $87,390.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 44,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for CMSD's students. An important key to the success of the District's plan is the creation of a high level Office of Information Technology and Procurement within the Operations Division that will support the District's technology and connectivity needs.
We are seeking a highly skilled Director of Enterprise Applications who will direct and manage the Districts application environment from a strategic and technical perspective for all schools and sites. The Director of Enterprise Applications will lead and manage the districts application infrastructure to ensure that enterprise, data and desktop applications support the districts instructional, administrative and operational goals and objectives.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Create long-term strategic planning for Districts Enterprise, data and desktop applications infrastructure to improve services, reduce costs and capitalize on efficiencies
- Develop, maintain and assess enterprise, data and desktop application infrastructure to meet district requirements, ensure continuity of operations and customer satisfaction
- Develops and implements comprehensive technical support policies, procedures and workflows for enterprise, data and desktop applications
- Develops and implements a comprehensive disaster recovery plan and compliance strategies for managing district data.
- Implement District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in computer science and/or with coursework in computer sciences, information management or a related area of study
- Demonstrated IT Management experience
- Demonstrated IT contractor/vendor management experience
- Experience with enterprise, data and desktop application deployment, management and support in a large multi-facility operation (50+)
- Experience in developing and maintaining customer-centric training and support services
- Industry standard certifications in IT desired
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of CMSD transformation
This is an EXEMPT position.
Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.