Applications for this position are accepted:
To 9/10/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $31,369.
This position insures the enforcement of the policies of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District in order to protect the students, teachers and staff of the district. The duties involve patrolling assigned areas, conducting preliminary investigations, traffic and crowd control and providing security for the school district. These duties may sometimes be performed under hazardous and stressful conditions. This position may be assigned to a shift that rotates and may necessitate working weekends. This position is under direct supervision of the Patrol Supervisor in the region to which the officer is assigned and is under the general supervision of the Manager of Field Services.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Conducts special investigations, preliminary investigations and surveillance as required
- Has frequent contact with students, teachers and staff
- May be assigned to a bicycle patrol unit
- Patrols assigned area, in a marked vehicle, on foot or on a bicycle, which involves checking the security of school buildings and grounds, providing security inside and outside of the school buildings and providing crowd and traffic control
- Assists in metal detector/x-ray searches
- Enforces the policies of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Assists law enforcement agencies when required
- Testifies in court when required
- Properly operates and maintains all security equipment
- Renders CPR/first aid when required
- Makes public speeches and presentations when necessary
- Completes all records and reports as required
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or a GED required
- Must possess a valid Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) Peace Officer certificate
- Must submit to the CMSD Human Resources Employee Services office by mail/fax the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy certificate
- Must maintain firearms certification, if required
- Possession of valid Ohio Operations License
- Ability to understand, interpret and know the geography of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
- Must possess the ability to complete reports and in general, operate a computer in a Windows environment
- Through knowledge of security methods, patrol techniques and equipment
- Equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
- The ability to deal with students, parents and members of the community in a fair and impartial manner is essential
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.