Applications for this position are accepted:
To 11/11/2010 5:00 PM
Per the Cleveland Metropolitan School District's hourly wage schedule for Paraprofessionals.
To provide assistance as needed with handling the unique needs of disabled and handicapped Special Education students. Areas of involvement may include providing considerable physical support and control of students as well as assisting with instruction in speech, hearing, sight, etc.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Reinforces students as directed by the teacher in areas which might include academic tasks, social skills or other instructional components of the program
- Assists the teacher in the implementation of behavior management programs
- Provides information to teacher regarding student performance during these activities
- Identifies, locates and uses materials appropriate for each student
- Assists and monitors the students in special training activities, such as showering, and other self help skills
- Observes students as directed by the teacher and records specific behaviors exhibited as outlined on each student's IEP
- Records academic and social progress as required by the teacher
- Assists the teacher in preparing, collecting and adapting materials
- Collects and uses equipment under the direction of the teacher
- Maintains materials and equipment in good condition
- Assists teacher with physical intervention of behavior problems
- Performs other routine duties as assigned by principal
- Participates as a member of a team
- High school diploma or GED required; related college education courses preferred
- Paraprofessionals must meet one of the following to be Highly Qualified: Associates Degree or a minimum of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours or successfully passing the Para Pro Assessment
- Possess or be eligible for an Ohio Educational Aide Permit required
- High moral character
- Genuine interest in children/youth
- Desire to serve the school and community
- Evidence of good health, vitality and enthusiasm
- Ability to physically manage handicapped students
- Effective written and oral communication
- Experience working with handicapped students preferred
This is a pool position - vacancies filled as needed throughout the school year.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.