Back to Job Postings
This posting is not active.
CMSD is not currently accepting applications for this position.
Back to Job Postings
|(3536) Assistant EMIS Coordinator - MIS/Data, Research and EMIS|
|1 position available|
Applications for this position are accepted:
To 3/14/2009 5:00 PM
Cleveland Metropolitan School District
|Division: MIS/Data, Research and EMIS|
|TITLE: Assistant EMIS Coordinator - MIS/Data, Research and EMIS
The salary for this position is $59,413.
The Assistant EMIS Coordinator, under the direction of the EMIS Coordinator, is responsible for assisting the district with gathering and preparing data for all Ohio Department of Education Educational Management Information System submissions.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Assists EMIS (Educational Management Information System) Coordinator with preparing data for ODE (Ohio Department of Education)
- Assists the EMIS Coordinator with making accurate and timely EMIS submissions and with meeting all the EMIS data and scheduling requirements
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the CMSD (Cleveland Metropolitan School District) data structures and information sources needed to prepare EMIS data and any other required or requested reports
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the ODEs EMIS data structures and business rules
- Attends EMIS training and meetings as assigned
- Maintains EMIS databases in Oracle and MS ACCESS as assigned
- Develops processes and procedures to analyze quality of data needed for EMIS submissions and districts databases
- Develops reports and analysis of data for departments at CMSD
- Researches data issues and errors and collaborates with business owners at CMSD to develop solutions
- Documents, develops and maintains processes and procedures for programming, EMIS data submissions, and data analysis
- Develops and maintains systems and procedures to maintain the State Student Identification, the Cleveland Voucher information, the community school enrollment information, and other data systems as needed
- Assists the EMIS Coordinator to identify and obtain the data elements needed from other CMSD departments and outside entities (other districts, Community School, DYS, etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate major or Associate Degree with Computer Science major
- 1-2 years experience reporting institutional data to government entities
- Ability to work with a variety of data sources, including Oracle, MySQL, SQL flat files, XML, Excel, Access, and web services
- Good oral and written communication and documentation skills
- Ability to analyze data, to problem solve data issues and evaluate results
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing solutions that yield better productivity, utilization and/or lower costs
- Must be proficient in use of all MS Office Professional tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Customer-focused looks at the customers view of service and looks to provide the best possible experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Process-driven looks to address a process gap, not just a single request
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.