Applications for this position are accepted:
To 8/22/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $47,500 - $52,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 40,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, is in the midst of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. One key to the success of the District's plan is the redesign of its central office divisions to better serve schools and impact student achievement.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Collaborate with and assist principals and all school staff to ensure building level systems of support for compliance with the Operating Standards for Ohio's Educational Agencies Serving Children with Disabilities specific to the identification of and services to school age students with disabilities
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan and provide professional development for general education teachers, intervention specialists and paraprofessionals regarding compliance with IDEA and the Operating Standards for Ohios Educational Agencies Serving Children with Disabilities; specialized instructional strategies, best practices for integrating service delivery for all children, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure that all teachers are prepared to teach to a diverse population of students, including students with disabilities
- As appropriate, collaborate with other districts and agencies to provide services to CMSD students with disabilities
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure that a continuum of services is available within the district to serve students with disabilities
- Collaborate with other department staff to ensure provision of services to students with disabilities as determined by the IEPs
- Work with new teachers to incorporate best practices in their curriculum and classroom management techniques
- Work with Subject Area Specialists, Literacy and Math coaches and Department Chairs for implementation of curriculum resources
- Evaluation and Knowledge Sharing - Meet weekly with Deputy Chiefs of Curriculum, Leadership, Intervention and Academic Resources to share and/or discuss goals, strategies, methods, accomplishments, and challenges
- Use relevant, research based instructional practices to analyze and make data-driven decisions and recommend areas for discussion in the service of identifying areas for improvement
- Facilitate sharing of best practices among schools
- Manage targeted curriculum development projects on behalf of the Deputy Chiefs and Academic Superintendents
- Collaborate and coordinate work within and across academic/school divisions (i.e. within and across school categories)
- Coordinate with other CMSD professionals, participate in periodic meetings, conferences and workshops organized to address urgent issues, and share strategies for achieving greater levels of student success
- Document and shape the academic growth of the District
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Prior experience with students with disabilities
- Knowledgeable of the requirements of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act (IDEIA) and the Operating Standards for Ohio's Educational Agencies Serving Children with Disabilities
- Teaching License required
This position is Exempt.
This position is grant funded, subject to annual reallocation and federal time and effort reporting.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.