Applications for this position are accepted:
To 6/21/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $45,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serves approximately 40,000 students in grades Pre-K-12. The Law Department is responsible for the oversight and handling all legal matters for the District.
The primary purpose of the Investigator-Discrimination and Harassment is to investigate discrimination and harassment claims submitted by employees and students.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Investigate discrimination and harassment claims
- Compile evidence regarding discrimination and harassment claims
- Develop investigative strategies
- Take witness statements
- Prepare memoranda, documents and correspondence
- Effectively manage multiple matters simultaneously
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel
- Demonstrated experience investigating discrimination and harassment claims
- Demonstrated success in high stakes, high pressure environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills demonstrated
- PREFERRED: Experience investigating discrimination and harassment claims on behalf of an educational institution or governmental entity
This position is Exempt.
1) Please submit an online employment application
2) Please submit a letter of interest, resume and persuasive writing sample of a brief or position statement filed in court or with an administrative agency
3) Please submit the above items to attention: Eileen.N.Soucek@CMSDnet.net
4) Please use the following in the email subject line: Investigator, Discrimination and Harassment
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.