Applications for this position are accepted:
To 5/8/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $32,000 - $39,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for CMSD's students. An important key to the success of the District's plan is the creation of a high level Office of Information Technology and Procurement within the Operations Division that will support the District's technology and connectivity needs.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Responsible for moderate to complex procurement transactions for a variety of supplies and services
- Collaborating with the Purchasing Department for development, implementation and maintenance of an automated online purchasing system for the Districts product needs
- Work with District staff to forecast procurement requirements
- To prepare quotes and proposal documents, evaluate supplier responses, perform price analyses, negotiate final price and terms, expedite orders when necessary and complete purchasing file documentation
- Support of daily processing and maintenance of vendor registration and updates to vendor records utilizing an automated Financial Management System
- Support of daily requisition and purchase order processing and management as necessary
- Creates and maintains status reports of procurement transactions
- Ensures compliance with public procurement regulations and District purchasing process and procedures
- Provides inputof District purchasing process and procedures
- Assist with training District personnel on purchasing process and procedures as required
- Bachelors degree with business major preferred. Associate degree in Business with 2 years experience in Procurement field
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of staff, school, parents, vendors and contractors
- High level of experience with automated purchasing system, including online buying
This position is Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.