Applications for this position are accepted:
To 5/3/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $23,750 - $33,186.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for CMSD's students. An important key to the success of the District's plan is the creation of a high level Office of Information Technology and Procurement within the Operations Division that will support the District's technology and connectivity needs.
We are seeking to hire an AV Specialist who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining audio-video technologies and low voltage wiring solutions. The AV Specialist will work under the direction of the Executive Director of Technical Operations to deliver consistent, reliable and fault-tolerant services that support CMSD audio-visual infrastructure, including Classroom audio-video technologies, video on demand solutions and distance learning equipment.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Implements and maintains the Districts video on demand system and distance learning systems including but not limited to vendor orientation, installation, maintenance, and upgrades
- Supports classroom and administrative audio-video systems and solutions
- Performs routine maintenance of the districts Audio-Video infrastructure
- Implement District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline prefered, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience supporting audio-video solutions in a multi-facility environment (50+)
- Must be proficient in use of all MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Passionate- constantly motivated to maintain operational excellence
- Aggressive- attacks problems before they arise
- Goal oriented- constantly looks for better performance at a lower cost, sets goals and implements plans to achieve them
- Analytical- dissects situations using metrics to understand causes and drivers of issues
- Customer focused- looks at the customers view of service and looks to provide the best possible experience
- Process driven- looks to address a process gap, not just a single request
- Quick learner- ability to adjust and learn new technologies and techniques, employing relevant elements of them
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of CMSD transformation
This posiiton is non-exempt.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.