Applications for this position are accepted:
To 5/3/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $35,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District is in the midst of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. An important key to the success of the District's plan is the creation of a high level Office of Human Resources that will lead the District's talent management process and manage the day-to-day operations of recruitment, staffing, employee benefits and compensation.
We are seeking to hire a Leave of Absence specialist who will be responsible for the processing of the Districts leave of absence requests.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Processes leave of absence requests for parental, medical, military, family illness, work related injuries, professional study, educational study, etc.
- Investigate situations where staff have exceeded maximum sick days and are utilizing leave without pay; May involve calling principals to investigate specific circumstances
- Determines FMLA eligibility
- Maintains leave files
- Processes return-to-work requests
- Processes sick day donation requests
- Processes assault leave requests
- Maintains the leave of absence databases
- Notifies Managers and Supervisors of approved and denied leaves in a timely manner
- Generates monthly reports for management
- Implements District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years general experience in a Human Resource department or a related field preferred
- Thorough understanding of the federal regulations for FMLA, ADA, COBRA and HIPPA
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with ability to multitask
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical proficiency
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage personal data of employees with strict confidentiality
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of the CMSD transformation
This position is Non-Exempt.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.