Applications for this position are accepted:
To 5/5/2013 5:00 PM
The rate for this position is $32.90 per hour.
Under the direct supervision of the Plumber Foreman, the Plumber is responsible for installing, repairing, renovating and maintaining the plumbing systems in all facilities and properties throughout the Cleveland Municipal School District.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Repair, replace and renovate hot and cold water lines and piping
- Repair, replace and renovate gas lines and piping
- Repair, replace and renovate sewer connections
- Repair, replace and renovate hot water heaters, tanks and other equipment
- Repair, replace and renovate valves and other fittings
- Repair, replace and renovate wash basins, toilets, pumps and other fixtures
- Tap water and sewer lines
- Must transports tools and equipment in personal vehicle
- Perform related duties as required
- Knowledge of plumber trade
- Familiarity with blueprints, drawings and layouts
- Familiarity with related tools and equipment
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Graduation from Plumbers Union five (5) year Apprenticeship Program and two (2) years of Journeyman experience, or seven (7) years of Journeyman experience
- Backflow Prevention Certification, City Journeyman License and State Certification for Sprinkler and Water Supply
- Must have a valid Ohio Drivers License and personal vehicle
- Must pass physical examination
- Must have personal hand tools routinely required for the craft
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Master Plumbers License & ability to weld consistent with industry practices
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.