Applications for this position are accepted:
To 4/4/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $23,750 - $47,500.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, is in the midst of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. One key to the success of the District's plan is the redesign of its central office divisions to better serve schools and impact student achievement.
The Solution Specialist is a central office based position, and will work closely with the Flexible Content Experts and Deputy Chiefs to support the work of the CAO Action Teams working with schools. The Solution Specialist is accountable for the faithful implementation of problem-solving strategies developed for each school, and for carrying out the work with a sense of urgency for overall school improvement.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Key Responsibilities: The Solution Specialist is a key figure in supporting departmental goals to promote student academic achievement. He or she must have solid project management experience with demonstrated follow through skills and a strong desire to provide excellent customer service under tight timelines. Specifically, she or he will carry out the following:
- Identify, order, track, process and distribute resources and supplies to school-based Action Teams, including student achievement data, curriculum, lesson plans, teaching strategies, and other benchmark data that will support principals, teachers, subject area specialists, department chairs, Literacy and Math coaches, and others to affect student achievement
- Take responsibility for planning logistical arrangements for professional development and other events
- Work with Finance Office on projects requiring budget approvals
- Respond to inquiries from parents, staff, and external partners
- Contribute to planning and implementing educational programs supported by federal, state and local funding
- Support technology platforms and other technology programs used for educational purposes
- Prepare and submit monthly reports as required by the District and Ohio Department of Education
- Check the reliability, validity and accuracy of data submitted by school staff
- Monitor, create and support School Net curriculum materials for the schools data reporting system
- Serve as liaison between schools and district
- 3+ years successful project management experience
- High expectations and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty for CMSD children
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills, tact and good verbal communication
- Demonstrated organizational skills, motivation, exceptional resourcefulness, willingness to work flexibly and cooperatively as a member of a team
- Capable of handling challenging situations and people, with high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive district, school or personnel matters
- College degree preferred
This position is NON-EXEMPT.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.