Applications for this position are accepted:
To 8/8/2013 5:00 PM
The hourly rate for this position is: $11.40 per hour to $12.83 per hour.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Confers with principal, staff, and students for the purpose of increasing communication and multi-cultural understanding
- Observes and reports any potential problems in and around the building
- Develops methods to prevent intrusion within a school building by outside unauthorized persons
- Assists in protecting the rights of individuals and school property
- Assists in the supervision of pupil movement and of priority areas before, during and after school
- Submits written safety and incident reports as required by Safety and Security Management
- Man and monitor magnetometers & X-Ray machines to control access and detect contraband
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in related school or urban safety and security procedures
- Individual with mature judgment
- Ability to relate to individuals in conflict situations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of persons of all ages within the school system
- Must have OPOTC private police certification at the time of application
- Will be provided 40 hrs Mandatory CMSD annual training
- Must meet departmental physical requirement standards
Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.