Applications for this position are accepted:
To 3/15/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $67,369 - $76,985.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Clevelands public school students. An important key to the success of the Districts plan is the creation of a high level Office of IT & Procurement within the Operations Division.
We are seeking to hire a Distribution and Logistics Manager to provide district-wide support services to all schools and coordinate deliveries, pick-ups, inventories, and warehouse budgets. The Distribution & Logistics Manager also oversees the districts mailroom and printing services.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Manages daily operations of Distribution and Logistics Services
- Provides district-wide support/services to all schools and administrative sites
- Coordinates of delivery and pick-up of equipment, supplies and materials, including obsolete equipment
- Oversees the districts mailroom to ensure efficient and effective distribution practices and procedures
- Oversees the districts print shop contract to ensure efficient and effective management of the districts print services needs and requirements
- Plans and coordinates delivery of loaner equipment for professional development, school activities, special presentations, etc
- Maintains inventory database of technology equipment
- Monitors the accessioning of equipment to assist with tracking purchases
- Oversees departmental budget, including purchases
- Manages and evaluates staff
- Works collaboratively with other departments to facilitate the goals of the district
- Processes special requests, e.g., internal audit reports of school inventories, grant purchases, disposal of tangible property, etc.
- Implements District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Associates Degree required, Bachelors preferred. High School Diploma or GED with 10 or more years of verified department level management may be considered.
- A valid State of Ohio Drivers License is required
- Must possess a working knowledge of all applicable bargaining unit agreements
- Excellent oral, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Knowledge of computer systems
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of CMSD transformation
This position is EXEMPT.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.