Applications for this position are accepted:
To 6/16/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $47,500 - $76,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for CMSDs students. An important key to the success of the Districts plan is the creation of a high level Office of Information Technology and Procurement within the Operations Division that will support the Districts technology and connectivity needs.
We are seeking to hire a Small System Application Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the CMSD small system applications and end-device infrastructure. The Small System Application Engineer will take a leadership role along with other IT engineers and contracted specialists to deliver consistent, reliable and fault-tolerant services that support CMSD small system applications, desktop, printing and peripherals and align to enterprise applications, operations and initiatives.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Designs, implements and maintains small system applications, desktop and peripheral infrastructure for instructional, administrative and operational function
- Manages the governance and installation of the desktop environment to optimize utilization of resources and maintain continuity of operations
- Manages end devices including but not limited to desktop, mobile computers, peripheral, POS and printing , identifying strategies for expansion or more effective utilization of existing resources
- Works with Enterprise Applications, Technical Operations and IT Security to develop and maintain desktop, peripheral and printing change control processes, security standards, policies, and practices to optimize utilizations of resources and maintain continuity of operations
- Engineers small system application solutions that leverage virtualization and cloud computing to increase efficiency and longevity of infrastructure investments
- Develops standards for the routine maintenance of the small system application environment and works with the field tech contractor to implement these standards
- Develops standards for the CMSD end-device infrastructure and works with procurement to ensure compliance with these standards
- Troubleshoots and resolves small system application issues and outages
- Designs, implements, upgrades and maintains Microsoft Operating System environment
- Implements, upgrades and maintains small system application systems and provides custom reports using report writer software
- Investigates options for providing standardized support for new technologies in support of CMSD needs
- Implement District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required from an accredited university, preferably with a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience administering small system applications, desktops and peripherals in a mid-sized Microsoft OS environment (10,000+ desktops)
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing solutions that yield better productivity, utilization, and/or lower costs
- Demonstrated experience with peripherals such as point of sale devices, printers, and smartboards
- Demonstrated experience with OS provisioning and desktop virtualization solutions in an enterprise environment
- Experience supporting databases including Microsoft SQL
- Experience supporting Linux, Macs and iPads a plus
- Must be proficient in use of all MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to perform statistical analysis and evaluate results
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Passionate- constantly motivated to maintain operational excellence
- Aggressive- attacks problems before they arise
- Goal oriented- constantly looks for better performance at a lower cost, sets goals and implements plans to achieve them
- Analytical- dissects situations using metrics to understand causes and drivers of issues
- Customer focused- looks at the customers view of service and looks to provide the best possible experience
- Process driven- looks to address a process gap, not just a single request
- Quick learner- ability to adjust and learn new technologies and techniques, employing relevant elements of them
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of CMSD transformation
Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.