Applications for this position are accepted:
To 2/22/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $59,000.
This management-level position is responsible for coordinating and managing a full range of digital communications activities, including but not limited to serving as Web and digital marketing strategist for the districts newly designed website. Management duties include serving as Lead Trainer for department and school-based content liaisons, as supervisor of full and part-time staff assigned to duties as website specialist(s) and web consultant(s) and as internet marketing strategist assigned to develop New Media strategies to promote CMSD initiatives, to showcase CMSD excellence and market CMSDs growing portfolio of quality schools.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Serves as Website Strategist and Trainer for staff responsible for designing and managing content in the districts newly-designed Centricity 2 content management system
- Works with high-level management to develop strategic plans for social media and online communications
- Works closely with District Communications Officer to ensure consistent and accurate CMSD messaging across all online channels, as they align with District goals and strategies
- Develops plans for incorporating digital videography, photography, and interactive communication tools to improve the online experience for users
- Assists management team in achieving Strategic Communications department goals for on time, on budget, digital communication tools
- Sets parameters for all website content with adherence to branding that is aligned with the sites architecture, upgraded in 2013
- Works as a member of the management team with IT staff to trouble shoot issues that arise with the performance of the website to ensure satisfaction of internal and external users
- Serves as the management liaison between IT staff and central office communications team with regard to issues involving the hosting company and internet/social media service providers
- Troubleshoots the CMSD website, working closely with communications, website marketing specialists and members of the Family & Community Engagement (FACE) and Information Technology (IT) departments to implement and update best practices in digital communication technology
- Works with CMSD website marketing consultant(s) to survey users and produce strategic plans for increasing satisfaction of internal and external website users
- Coordinates efforts to provide a full range of e-communications programs designed to create and maintain favorable public relations for the school division, both internally and for the community at large
- Reviews statistics, monitors analytics and provides regular updates and analyses of CMSD website traffic
- Submits regular reports on upgrades and changes to the website, with a view toward continuous improvement of the CMSD website
- Stays current with software and hardware for delivery methodologies that can improve the success of the CMSD online experience
- Coordinates, reviews and submits weekly reports to the District Communications Officer, summarizing website development and proposing strategies for content, design, and New Media capabilities
- Conducts at least two customer satisfaction surveys per year and submits annual report of website use and progress toward meeting department and district enrollment, transformation and marketing goals
- Ensures that an inventory of documents and assets on the server
- BA in Digital Communication, Multimedia Technology or Marketing, with a minimum of 5 years experience with managing content for high-traffic websites. Masters degree preferred
- Ability to conceptualize and implement current online communication tools to further the CMSD online experience
- Ability to work with various stakeholders to solicit input and prioritize the online strategies to improve navigational tools.
- Experience with Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Flash, desirable
- Knowledge of and successful experience in use and tagging of QR Codes to connect people with each other and to deliver multimedia digital content
- Experience working with web and server-side technologies, especially with setting up and working with databases essential
This position is EXEMPT.
1) All individuals interested in this position MUST submit an online employment application.
2) Current CMSD employees interested in this position MUST submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.