Applications for this position are accepted:
To 8/27/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $23,750 - $36,504.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 40,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. One key to the success of the District's plan is the redesign of its central office divisions to better serve schools and impact student achievement.
The District seeks a Community School Specialist who is passionate about contributing to this vision. The primary purpose of this job is to monitor and maintain records of the District's Community School students with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE). This position will report to the Manager of Student Assignment and the selected candidate should have excellent organizational and communication skills.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Review all School Options Enrollment System (SOES) records for CMSD students within the timeframe required by ODE
- Update all CMSD student enrollment and attendance records as required from SOES.
- Research all data issues for community schools and assist in the resolution of problems arising from conflicting data.
- Run the SOES procedures to identify data discrepancies between SOES and CMSD.
- Learn and keep current with the State of Ohios rules, regulations, guidelines, laws and procedures for SOES.
- Assist the department in maintaining other student data.
- Implement District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of the State of Ohio rules and regulations for Community Schools
- Working knowledge of a Student Information System (SIS), preferably eSchoolPlus
- Experience working in a K 12 school environment
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, and Access
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional attitude and tact at all times
- Ability to adapt to constant change and work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of CMSD transformation
This position is NON-EXEMPT.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.