Applications for this position are accepted:
To 2/7/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $47,500 - $95,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, is in the midst of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. One key to the success of the District's plan is the redesign of its central office divisions to better serve schools and impact student achievement.
The PreK-12 Flexible Content Expert (FCE) is a pivotal role. As a member of the Action Team, the FCE will work with Action Team Coaches, Barrier Breakers, and Solution Specialists, under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Curriculum and Instruction, to evaluate, plan and deliver specialized services targeted to individual school needs. The FCE is a central office based position, and will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Curriculum and Instruction to support each Principal and School Leadership Team.
He or she will be accountable for mobilizing resources and content materials, including ongoing customized professional development, to monitor progress and adjust Academic Achievement Plans as necessary to meet goals for student achievement.
Each FCE will report to, and be evaluated by, the Deputy Chief of Curriculum and Instruction.
POSITION: Career-Technical Education (CTE)
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Key Responsibilities - The Flexible Content Expert is a key figure in recognizing, recommending and securing the purchase of curriculum resources/materials, and state of the art equipment/classroom technology to promote student academic and technical skills achievement and overall CTE performance measures. Monitors the continuing and effective use of curriculum resources/materials and assists in the coordination of applicable staff development
- He or she should have a sophisticated sense of how to use information to diagnose and intervene to improve educational outcomes, and be an active team contributor in carrying out the following tasks:
- Diagnosis and Consultation - Research current academic and career readiness issues to provide principals and teachers with up-to-date data, relevant and timely application of assessment tools, and concrete instructional strategies for boosting student achievement
- In partnership with school teams, identify and/or model effective usage of assessment tools (AR, benchmarks, short cycle assessments, NWEA, STAR, summative/formative assessments and training)
- Core Deliverables - Prepare and disseminate resources, including student achievement data, curriculum, lesson plans, teaching strategies, and other benchmark data that will support principals, teachers and others that affect student achievement
- Coordinate with other CMSD professionals, participate in periodic meetings, conferences and workshops organized to address urgent issues, and share strategies for achieving greater levels of student success as part of the Academic Transformation Plan
- Assist with the development and implementation of Scope and Sequence for all content areas, providing specific support for Career-Technical Education program areas
- Work with new and veteran teachers to incorporate best practices in their curriculum and classroom management techniques
- Evaluation and Knowledge Sharing - Meet weekly with Deputy Chief of Curriculum to share and/or discuss goals, strategies, methods, accomplishments, and challenges
- Use relevant, research based instructional practices to analyze and make data-driven decisions and recommend areas for discussion in the service of identifying areas for improvement
- Facilitate sharing of best practices among schools
- Manage targeted curriculum development projects on behalf of the Deputy Chiefs and Academic Superintendents
- Collaborate and coordinate work within and across academic/school divisions (i.e. within and across school categories); providing leadership and school building level support to promote the delivery of rigorous, high quality Career-Technical Education programming, in compliance with ODE standards
- Develops strategies and timelines to improve educational outcomes by promoting an increase in: engagement of business/industry partners, job shadow/internship/apprentice experiences, student leadership and certification opportunities
- The successful candidate will have expertise in the successful administration of Career-Technical Education programming.
- The successful candidate must be a TEAM PLAYER with a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university, in a relevant subject area. Master's degree preferred.
- In addition, she or he should have some or all of the following: a strong service and support orientation towards schools; experience with data analysis in an applied setting; successful classroom teaching experience; experience in school leadership or leadership development of others; strong communications and presentation skills.
This position is EXEMPT.
This position is grant funded.
1) Please submit an online employment application.
2) Please send resume accompanied by a brief, persuasive statement of interest that includes how your experience directly aligns to the opportunities and challenges of this position to Li'Tana Jackson at LiTana.Jackson@CMSDnet.net.
** Please reference the posting number and job title in both your email subject line as well as in your letter.
** These materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the date the posting closes.
** Current CMSD employees are not required to fill out an online application for this position, however a resume and a persuasive statement are required.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.