Applications for this position are accepted:
To 6/24/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $35,000.
This entry level position is under the direct supervision of the Deputy Chief of HR and is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day support of the Human Resources Department. This position will serve as contact point and will provide assistance for district employees.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Maintains calendars; schedules and coordinates appointments
- Writes, edits, drafts correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written materials; compares elements for consistency or logical relationships, etc.
- Records and/or transcribes minutes of meetings, hearings, dictation, dialogue, etc., and produces document in draft or final format
- Receives calls and/or greets visitors, takes and relays messages, responds to requests for information; provides information or directs caller/visitor to appropriate individual
- Provides assistance and follow-up support to Executive Staff offices on behalf of the Deputy Chief of Human Resources
- Serves as contact point for the Deputy Chief of Human Resources for district employees
- Maintains and/or creates files or record keeping systems. Sorts, labels, files and retrieves documents, or other materials
- Monitors staffing for certificated personnel and non-certificated personnel
- Monitors highly qualified status for teachers and paraprofessionals
- Monitors the recruiting and hiring procedures for certificated and non-certificated positions
- Monitors attendance
- Completes special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree preferred; Associates Degree or ten years of experience working in a human resources-related position required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional leadership and customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to maintain composure in a challenging work environment
- Ability to adjust to change and flexibility in communicating with various departments
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, i.e., PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Access
This position is NON-EXEMPT.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.