Applications for this position are accepted:
To 4/17/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $34,213 - $56,367.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Reviews the daily processing of Request For Bids, Request For Proposals, and Request For Quotations, including notification to vendors.
- Reviews Bids, Proposals, and Quotations request specifications for clarity, accuracy and compliance prior to issuance.
- Create and post advertisements for formal bids and proposals in newspapers and on the District website and maintain records of the postings.
- Attend and Chair pre-bid/proposal conferences
- Perform proposal responses review (for compliance and timeliness) perform cost analysis recaps and issue award letters.
- Issues addendums as required in coordination with the sponsoring department.
- Create term agreements, perform special assignments and contract administration as needed.
- Monitors contract expiration dates and notifies departments of processing deadlines
- Provides input in purchasing process and procedures
- Assist with training of District personnel on purchasing process and procedures as required
- Bachelors degree with business major preferred. Associate degree in Business with 5 years experience in purchasing and accounting.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups of staff, school, parents, vendors and contractors.
- Experience in the Procurement field
- Proficient with MicroSoft Office products, online processing, and current office equipment and technology.
This is a union position
Please submit an online application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.