Applications for this position are accepted:
To 5/1/2013 5:00 PM
The salary for this position is $42,667.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District, as a Race to the Top Grant recipient, is looking for qualified applicants to serve as Linkage Coordinators who will work with targeted at-risk students, per the RttT Scope of Work. These Linkage Coordinators will work with an emphasis on improving the academic achievement of our targeted at-risk Hispanic student population. The Linkage Coordinator will function as a liaison/advocate between principal, staff and students, while providing assistance to the schools SST (Student Support Team). The Linkage Coordinator is an at-will employee, whose primary responsibility is to serve as a student mentor, motivator, advocate, and life coach, while providing the necessary links to resources, agencies, tutoring services, and community supports.
LOCATION: Thomas Jefferson School
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Responsible for written reports to the Strategic Implementation Officer, or designee
- Ensures that the grants scope of work is executed
- Motivates eligible students to participate and engage in school
- Provides truancy and behavioral intervention supports
- Monitors students attendance, behavior and academics and intervenes when necessary in order to keep students on track for promotion and ultimately graduation
- Collects the necessary data in order to monitor progress
- Maintains open lines of communication with the parents of the targeted students
- High school diploma; additional related college education courses preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work collaboratively with students, administration, parents and community on behalf of the targeted students
- Preferred candidate should be bilingual (Spanish)
- Prior successful experience in working in an urban educational environment with at-risk students, particularly Hispanic
- Knowledgeable about Hispanic culture and language
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication and customer service skills
- Self motivated and able to multi-task with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with group (team) processes, including a commitment to group guidance and group counseling
- Positive attitude, genuine desire and passion to serve this community and its most at-risk students
- High moral character and ethical standards
- Must have a valid Ohio drivers license
- Computer literate and able to learn how to navigate the districts student databases (SchoolNet, eSchool Plus)
* THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION *
* THIS IS A NON EXEMPT POSITION *
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.