Applications for this position are accepted:
To 5/15/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $28,500 - $35,000.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District is in the midst of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. One key to the success of the Districts plan is the redesign of its central office divisions to better serve schools and impact student achievement.
The Manager of Student Attendance seeks an administrative assistant who is passionate about contributing to this vision. The primary purpose of this job is to provide administrative level support and assist with developing processes, procedures, and goals while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. This job requires excellent organizational, technical, and communication skills.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Perform administrative duties to support attendance supervisor and department
- Support strategic goals and direction of Student Attendance function in the CMSD Academic Transformation (e.g., improving attendance rates and enhancing dropout prevention efforts)
- Act as a liaison to other departments of the district, as it relates to ADM/Attendance
- Collaborate with principals, secretaries, parents, and children regarding attendance issues
- Collect all reconciliation reports making sure they are up to par and if not making the necessary connections to get the job done
- Ensure secretaries reconcile all ADM reports and unexcused absences are cleared
- Assist with the ADM audit process
- Assist with data entry process of ADM files
- Assist with school and community truancy calls, followed up with home visits and phone calls conducted by attendance liaisons and necessary filings
- Collaborate with county social workers as it relates to educational neglect
- Conduct truancy hearings with parents and students to discuss attendance, education, and penalty of truancy
- Manage day to day operations within the department
- Compile weekly paperwork from attendance liaisons on students
- Update and analyze attendance database
- Perform duties for other departments within the Division
- Process department's payroll, timesheets, budget, and purchase orders
- Answer phones, schedule meetings, appointments and conferences
- Accompany manager to meetings
- Prepare letters, memorandums, and charts
- Label and file documents
- Operates a variety of office machines and equipment
- Coordinate programs and events
- Distribute work permits
- Implement District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in related field but not necessary, or 5-10 years working experience in administrative position
- Knowledge of Juvenile Court, Certified Mediator, or Child Welfare Laws
- Experience in Social Service related fields
- Knowledge of Ohio School Laws relative to attendance and education
- Experience in working with children in crisis
- Experience working with minority students
- Ability to work as a member of a team with administrators, teachers, and parents
- Excellent customer service, management and analytical skills
- Demonstrates computer experience including, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Excellent oral and written communication, human relations and technology skills
This is a NON-EXEMPT position.
Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.