Applications for this position are accepted:
To 3/15/2013 5:00 PM
The hourly rate for this position is $13.63.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 42,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for CMSDs students. An important key to the success of the Districts plan is the service provided through the Office of Business Operations.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Cleans building and grounds including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas
- Shovels, plows, salt walks, driveways, parking area, and steps as required
- Cleans toilets, scrubs and disinfects toilet floors when required
- Performs such yard keeping chores as grass cutting, trimming of trees and shrubbery and the like, as necessary to maintain the school grounds in a safe and attractive condition
- Maintains floors in a clean and attractive condition at all times
- Makes building repairs as he/she is capable of
- Reports repair needs and any damage to school or facility property to the custodian or person in charge
- Assists with the implementation of an on going Preventive Maintenance Program
- Moves furniture or equipment within building as required for various activities as directed by the principal or custodian
- Perform other laborer duties as required outside the mail room and print shop
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Two (2) or more years experience as a cleaner, laborer, or maintenance person
- Mechanical aptitude
- Post-secondary course work or training in related area desired
- Good work record including performance, attendance, and punctuality required
- Must be able to work on a ladder/scaffold
To Apply, please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.