Applications for this position are accepted:
To 4/26/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $23,750 - $47,500.
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor III of Operations/POS, the individual in this position assists with the objectives, functions, policies and operation of Food and Child Nutrition Services. This individual also assists with implementing and coordinating the present food program established under Federal and State standards in their assigned regions. This individual will effectively interact with food service personnel, school principals, school custodians, and City health department representatives.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Supervise and maintain the established quality control program designed to insure continuous production and service of products consistent with established standards for breakfast and lunch specifications and a la carte food items
- Inspect each assigned school periodically to observe complete kitchen area, storage facilities and service area to insure observance of sanitary standards and Health Department codes and regulations
- Supervise and coordinate product quality objectives with ordering, food production, waste control, labor needs, sanitation, maintenance, and work responsibility in each assigned school
- Supervise established controls affecting all costs and records in each assigned school
- Compile and maintain files of local Health Department Inspection Reports and prepares status report for assigned schools
- Monitor abatement of sanitation and safety related citations
- Demonstrate leadership qualities to the assistant manager and satellite cook in assigned schools
- Makes and executes decisions, other than those pertaining to policy, to effectively and efficiently operate each assigned school kitchen
- Assist in determining and developing the type of environment in which the school food service staff are best able to function effectively
- Assist the assistant manager and satellite cook in organizing personnel
- Delegate responsibilities to assistant managers and satellite cooks
- Submit requested reports to the Manger of Operations/POS
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelors degree preferred
- Licensed Dietician or Registered Dietician preferred
- Minimum of three years successful food service experience
- Minimum of two years food service management experience
- Possess and effectively utilizes experience in task areas associated with position
- Possess and effectively utilize comprehensive knowledge of food service standards and procedures in order to communicate with food service personnel
- Possess and effectively utilize knowledge of inventory principles and practices
- Possess and effectively utilize above average organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer applications including Windows NT, Microsoft Word, Excel and Lotus Notes
- Ability to set priorities of work to be completed and coordinate many activities simultaneously
- Need of vehicle and valid Ohio Drivers License for traveling to and between schools
This position is Exempt.
To Apply: Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.