Applications for this position are accepted:
To 4/2/2013 5:00 PM
The salary range for this position is $23,750 - $47,500.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), serving approximately 40,000 students in grades Pre-K-12, in January 2010 announced the launch of the most far-reaching transformation plan in its history to dramatically improve the quality of educational programs for Cleveland's public school students. An important key to the success of the District's plan is the creation of a high level Office of Safety & Security within the Operations Division that will be responsible for maintaining a safe and secure school environment for all our students. This Office will also be responsible for developing and maintaining programs that reflect the highest level of security and safety for our District.
We are seeking to hire an Investigative Sergeant who will be responsible for conducting competent and appropriate investigations on incidents, tracking and reporting investigations, juvenile agency intervention and providing written reporting of an unbiased nature on incidents and accidents. The Sergeant of Investigative Services will provide intervention between the Division of Safety and Securitys Office, District Administrators, Juvenile court system, Parents, School and Community Agencies to ensure that the appropriate assessments are conducted and actions are taken in an effort to meet the students needs in the investigative process. The role will also communicate with School Officials to research witness information, reported documentation, and individual incident case profiles.
Please note: All job titles and reporting structures in Safety & Security follows Police terminology. For consistency purposes, the classification alone is aligned with internal CMSD role classifications.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Supervises staff of Investigative Counselors
- Ensures that staff monitors and reports on any incidents and accidents with complete details and timely follow up
- Conducts investigations, analyzes data, and interprets witness statements as related to incidents and accidents
- Investigates community complaints submit written status reports
- Conducts unbiased and timely investigations interviews
- Conducts investigations on assaults and other serious incidents and conducts hearings upon the direction of the Captain of Administrative Services
- Works closely with the Prosecutors Office to insure the students rights in the investigative process
- Reviews students files as appropriate and coordinates with the Pupil Personnel team as appropriate
- Performs general behavior assessment for general agency recommendations.
- Implements District and/or Board of Education policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice preferred, Investigative experience in a Law Enforcement or Police Department
- Ability to collect and submit evidence in an independent investigation environment.
- Familiarity with MS Access database
- Familiarity with Ohio law and Juvenile Procedures
- Professional demeanor and promotes a professional environment
- Experience in a culturally diverse urban setting
- Valid Ohio driver's license
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with students, staff, parents, and community stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team Oriented environment
- Ability to work flexible hours throughout the district.
- A personal sense of accountability around the ultimate success of CMSD transformation
This position is NON-EXEMPT.
1) Please submit an online employment application.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.