Applications for this position are accepted:
To 7/25/2013 5:00 PM
SALARY: Per the Cleveland Metropolitan School District's salary schedule for teachers.
Jane Addams Business Careers Center serves as the only CMSD high school which has an array of business-related careers as its primary area of concentration. The Career-Technical Education programs in this school enable students to be positioned to earn college credit. The Executive Grille, student run restaurant, is a hallmark of the Culinary Arts Program.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Teaches skills utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities
- Instructs pupils in subject matter specific in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district
- Adapts material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil
- Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning problems
- Communicates with parents and other concerned individuals on pupil progress
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day
- Administers or monitors group tests
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the districts and in self-selected professional growth activities
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he will be evaluated in conformance with district guidelines
- Seeks to involve parents/corporation/industry and community in education of youth
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Valid Ohio teaching certificate in the Culinary and Food Service Operations subject area (Teaching Field 090203)
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts/ or Hospitality Management with a concentration in Culinary Arts or 5 years related industry experience.
- Ability to communicate and promote the industry, as well as, its curriculum and principles
- Evidence of exemplary classroom teaching experience.
- A special commitment to helping urban students to succeed; with an emphasis on urban schools representing a variety of socioeconomic levels, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with administrators, teachers, parents and community/corporate groups
- Ability to work well as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Willingness to spend the additional time needed to effectively meet the challenges, objectives, and purposed of the school
- Ability to be a warm, caring hard worker dedicated to human growth and development
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.