Applications for this position are accepted:
To 7/14/2013 5:00 PM
DIFFERENTIAL: Per the salary schedule for Cleveland Metropolitan School District's Differential positions
Provides guidance, support and direction for students participating in Cleveland Metropolitan School District sports programs or other approved student activities
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Develops and administers or assists with the administration of the activity or program throughout the school year including the student selection process, recruitment, training, practices, performance sessions and/or games
- Participates in the schedule developed by the Athletics Department
- Monitors the ongoing program to insure compliance with all pertinent Cleveland Metropolitan School District policies and procedures
- Attends all required organizational meetings conducted by the Athletics Department
- Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate is required
- The Ohio Department of Education mandates that any person receiving a supplemental contract to supervise, direct or coach a pupil activity must be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and hold a pupil activity validation (PAV) certificate. All athletic directors have been provided with information relative to securing these certifications. Applicants may contact the athletic director at any District middle or senior high school or the Office of Interscholastic Athletics to obtain this information.
- Previous successful coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport/activity and a willingness to seek out new techniques, aspects or procedures for the sport/activity preferred
***THIS IS NOT A FULL TIME POSITION***
Any position awarded to a non-CTU member must be vacated at the end of the school year
Applicants, both internal and external, are required to provide to the district the Employer's Copy of the PAV and to bring with them an original CPR certification card at the time of employment. Failure to do so will disqualify you from the position.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.