Applications for this position are accepted:
To 3/3/2013 5:00 PM
SALARY: Per the Cleveland Metropolitan School District's salary schedule for teachers.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Gather completed LEP identification forms from the various nonpublic site schools
- Administer the district approved language identification assessment to selected students in the nonpublic schools
- Develop LEP intervention plans for eligible students at the nonpublic schools
- Administer the OTELA tests for eligible students in the nonpublic schools
- Adapt materials and methods of instructional intervention plans that lead students to the development of English proficiency in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
- Assess students on regular basis and submit required documentation
- Display thorough knowledge of second language acquisition
- Organize students for effective instruction to maximize learning opportunities
- Plan for student differences and adjust instruction to meet individual student needs in collaboration with students nonpublic classroom teacher and CMSD Basic Skills teacher where ever able an/or applicable
- Implement ongoing system of evaluations and provide specific feedback as necessary
- Collaborate with other professionals to establish meaningful instructional sequences in native language and/or English
- Communicate with parents and other concerned individuals on student progress
- Participate in curriculum and professional development programs provided by Multilingual Multicultural Program
- Valid Ohio elementary licensure, with TESOL endorsement (Reading endorsement preferred)
- Valid Ohio teaching licensure in English (Secondary Level) with TESOL and Reading endorsements
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a collaborative setting
- Evidence of exemplary classroom teaching experience with English language learners (ELL)
- Experience in an urban setting representing a variety of cultural, racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Experience in integrating technology into instruction and planning
- Experience in working closely with English language learners
- Demonstrated multicultural sensitivity
- Demonstrated ability to work with students with limited or no formal education
- Flexibility to travel to and work with students and staff at various nonpublic school sites within the city of Cleveland.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.