Applications for this position are accepted:
To 2/16/2013 5:00 PM
SALARY: Per the Cleveland Metropolitan Schools Salary Schedule for teachers.
POSITION: Intervention Specialist (CD)
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Demonstrates exemplary teaching that results in high levels of student learning
- Inatructs pupils in subject matter specific in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
- Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual student
- Encourages students to think independently, to express original ideas, and foster the development of the whole child
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment
- Identifies student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping student solve health, attitude, and learning problems
- Communicates with parents, guardians and other concerned individuals regarding student progress
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day
- Administers and/or monitors individual assessment data
- Utilizes available technology to enhance curriculum instruction, assessment and communication
- Participates in mandatory home visits at least once a year
- Holds and conveys high expectations of excellence for each student
- Exhibits positive rapport with all students
- Develops imaginative, literacy-rich classrooms and participate in curriculum and other developmental programs
- Works with other teachers/professionals to develop and implement thorough lesson plans incorporating best practices in boys education
- Creates and fosters a constructive and cooperative learning environment by communicating and working in a positive professional manner
- Spends the additional time needed to meet the objectives of the school
- Valid Ohio teaching certificate/license for elementary grades
- Successful completion SIRI training, or Reading Endorsement, or Masters Degree in Reading Education or commitment to participate in SIRI training
- Evidence of exemplary classroom teaching experience
- Ability to work harmoniously with administrators, colleagues, parents, guardians, and community
- Experience in urban schools representing a variety of socioeconomic levels, racial and ethnic backgrounds including demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Experience and familiarity with computers and software
- Expertise, as evidenced by one or more of the following; portfolios, lesson plans, demonstrated lessons, etc. in teaching Math and/or Science concepts
- Evidence of expertise/success utilizing a broad repertoire of instructional methods (differentiated instruction, alternative assessment, project based learning, etc.)
Boys and Girls Leadership Academies are extended year/extended day schools. The school year begins five (5) days prior to the official opening and ends five (5) days after the official closing of the school year. The school day for teachers shall be from 7:50 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Selection of teachers will be based on an interview and other relevant information which may include; resume, applications, portfolio, demonstration lesson(s), etc.
Teachers are required to attend mandatory pre-service professional development sessions. Specific dates, location and content of sessions will be provided at a later date to appointed staff members
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.