Applications for this position are accepted:
Per the Cleveland Metropolitan School District's salary schedule for substitute school nurses.
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
- Screen for deficits in vision, growth and development, immunization status, and other physical defects
- Identify student health problems, make referrals for their diagnosis, treatment and remediation, and provide follow-up for each referral
- Monitor students with communicable diseases
- Assist the parent to access the health care system
- Act as liaison between the home, school and physician or health care provider
- Identify and follow-up child abuse cases
- Provide first aide and emergency care
- Make home visits
- Participate in the identification, evaluation and placement of students into special education programs
- Obtain written reports from physicians
- Provide crisis intervention for students and/or staff in the advent of sudden illness or injury
- Complete Medicaid Forms and maintain documentation for Medicaid Billing
- Administers vaccine (Subject to Policy)
- Maintain and update student health records
- Complete reports as required by Health Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Ohio Provisional School Nurse Certificate
- Successful experience as a Public Health or School Nurse in an urban setting
- Effective communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team
Multiple sites - all grades.
Ohio House Bill 190 requires criminal record checks of job applicants under
final consideration for positions. This records check is through the Ohio Bureau
of criminal Identification and/or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The
records check is performed at the applicant's expense and any employment offer
is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of the check.
All new employees are required to undergo a physical examination as a
condition of employment. Examinations which have been performed within ninety
days prior to date of employment are acceptable. Any employment offer is
contingent upon the satisfactory completion of this exam.
The Cleveland Metropolitan School district is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. Additionally, the Cleveland Metropolitan School District
values language diversity among its students and employees. Persons who are
bilingual are encouraged to apply for employment opportunities.